Monday, April 25, 2011

nowhere you can be

Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be

it's easy...

Ah, yes, John had it right...as much as I may disagree or feel sad about some of John's blindness in regard to spiritual matters, I must admit, he got a few things right. (I must admit also to a deep fondness for George Harrison, but that's for another post...) Listen to this verse at 2:02 into this song. I tell you it is true. From the midst of this "bad" day I am having I know it is true. I know it is true. What trials we endure and what incredible powerful ways we grow if we are open to learn from them. What we can learn through our pain! Perhaps I am a bit of a fatalist, but it is actually a very courageous and optimistic way of being. I am at this very moment where I'm meant to be... and the lessons that this place (i.e. God?) will teach me, if I receive them, will take me where I need to go, as I act with intention and love.

What are we learning, you and I, as we are getting collectively older? We are learning about being mindful of the very present moment we are living, accepting that moment without judging it; receiving it graciously as from the hand of God, and living it fully. Yes, it's a better way of living and a better way of dying.


2 comments:

  1. I agree, that we're all meant to be wherever it is we are. Every moment is an experience to learn from, to treasure, even when it's a bad moment, because we have the amazing gift of being able to live that precious moment.

    And I'm sure that, even if today has been a bad day, if you look back through old entries, you'll find that this is actually a glorious day.

    May you be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've had a bad day. I hope you're sleeping away in dreamland as I write this. Here's a hug for when you awaken and read this!

    15"No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

    16"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you."

    John 15:15-16 (NASB)

    ReplyDelete