Wednesday, October 6, 2010

birthday adventure #3 - a walk around the lake

"Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake."
 ----------Wallace Stevens

Note to self: ...Stop  giving yourself such pressure over these birthdays...  Just because I am not jumping out of airplanes or hopping freight trains doesn't mean it's not an adventure.  It's supposed to be fun, not pressure!

Yesterday, I had a small adventure...to celebrate (monthly) birthday #3 of 12 for me. (next month is my "real"  birthday).

First, and most important...I took the day off.   Second, I spent the better part of the morning reading something for enjoyment.  Third, I took a friend to lunch.  Fourth, I took a leisurely hour stroll by myself around a lake on a nearly perfect afternoon.  AND...I had a great insight while on my walk... I mean,  a hugely important insight. It had to do with a very powerful dream I had one night in 2005 and still remember vividly.   And then, in the evening, I met with my meditation group for a pleasant hour of meditation and conversation.

The weather is glorious...enough to quote Joni Mitchell...   "...the sun poured in like butterscotch, and stuck to all my senses."   Nice.


1 comment:

  1. My soul salivating at your day off reminds me...... to back off from the accelerator pedal. I'll bet your Nebraska autumn is beautiful, as well.

    ReplyDelete