Saturday, October 30, 2010

Be kind

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."  Plato

 I've been thinking about how powerful human kindness can be.


Being kind, seeing the frailty and need in another human being and responding from the heart... is always such a beautiful transaction.

Just be kind.  

It is a most noble pursuit... Can you imagine how blessed I am to be able to make a living sharing kindness and encouragement in the face of the struggles and pain of others; I am given so many opportunities to respond with kindness. I sit in my office and they come... and I am always richer (I don't mean financially, don't be such a skeptic!)... richer for my meager efforts to meet my clients with kindness.

No big profound thoughts; I was just thinking about this on my morning walk...

He has told you, O man, what is good:
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8
  
Kindness.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I can always count on you to put the universe in perspective. When this election season has been so nasty, the idea of kindness is such an amazing breath of fresh air.

    My thought, my action for the day. Thank you again for making me stop and think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely. And a great reminder which road to take throughout the day at those little human intersections where the fake power of anger or irritation is so attractive.

    ReplyDelete