Wednesday, September 1, 2010

birthday adventure #2 - saying thanks

For those who haven't followed or read prior postings...I have decided to celebrate 12 birthdays over the course of a year, to "compensate" for the miserable birthday I had last year when the full brunt of radiation/chemotherapy was kicking my butt. I want to do 12 things out of the ordinary; an adventureon the fifth of each month as an extended "celebration."



To recap...


Birthday adventure #1 - A day of silence - I went to a Benedictine Monastery in Schuyler Nebraska, and spent 24 hours in silent reflection and meditation. A had a great (and meaningful) day...I so enjoyed it!


Birthday adventure #2 - Here is my plan for September 5. My goal...to say thanks to (at least) 100 people who supported and encouraged me through my cancer treatment. Where I have an address, I will send a card, where I just have an e-mail, I will send an e-mail...I am afraid there were so many anonymous posts of encouragement and thoughtfulness on my prior blog (deeper than cancer) that I will only be able to offer an anonymous virtual "thank you" to those readers who fall into that category. (hey...if you are one of those anonymous posters...you can e-mail me at steveblum77@gmail.com to "claim" your personal thank you...it would really make my day! please write me...you can even send me a blank e-mail with "poster" in the subject line so I can respond).  
 
How long will it take to send 100 thank you's...I have no idea, but I will try to get it done in a day...I will undoubtedly fall far short of expressing the fullness of my true appreciation.  I'm anxious to get started, but I will wait until Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! Not just for your "birthday" list of the month, but to do once a month anyway. I think that if more of us acknowledged those angels in our lives that make things easier, or happier, or just better, that the world could only be improved. Thank you! You've given me a great thing to do each month: to thank people for making life as rich as it is.

    And to start off, "Thank you for enriching MY life with your posts."

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, kind anonymous person, I will start with you...thanks!

    ReplyDelete