Monday, August 23, 2010

my true silence belongs to God alone

that last post was too maudlin...I was triggered by a scrap of paper into a painful memory; why did I think I had to write it all out in public?  Forget it....

this is more important...

There is a silence that is a silence in the presence of God that is like no other silence. In this silence is a lifting. In this silence the heart becomes pure and light and full of love. Yeow...how can I thank God enough? 

Be still, my heart, and know.

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't maudlin. It was acknowledging a part of you, painful, but no less a part of the whole. And in that holy silence, we remember the good and the bad, and rejoice in the now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Anonymous and to ALL you share, my friend. I "err" on the side of pondering what I might write and then letting it slip away..... You show up. God bless you for that!

    ReplyDelete