Sunday, August 1, 2010

an easy grace

go sailing, today... sail through the day with an easy grace. What a challenge!

Listen to Ted Kooser read one of his poems. Hearing him read a poem of his is like a sweet tasty dessert after a satisfying meal. What a wonderful way he has of expressing simple, yet profound bite size moments of our experiences and observations.  One idea expressed in this poem is the poet's desire to move through his life with "...an easy grace."

He's got it! He visited the same hell of throat cancer and subsequent treatment eleven years ago that I did this past year, and had the kindness to encourage me through my painful journey with e-mails in which he suggested some ways for me to endure and get through it. Without fail, as I read his periodic communications of encouragement and concern, I was uplifted. He's got an easy grace about him, that shows through his poetry and his presence, doesn't he?  A grace that is born in gentleness and thoughtfulness. An attitude of grace.


You know, today I had the thought that I've been given the life I've been meant for... and this realization felt like an invitation to a banquet which was laid out right in front of me. I think I'll sail awhile on that thought...being present to all it's beauty with an easy grace.




2 comments:

  1. A lovely poem...and a reminder that we get the adventure we're ready for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT..... that. I had to listen twice, it was so perfectly quietly tightly wound. Mighta seen the heads up too with your font change..... :-)

    ReplyDelete