Tuesday, August 3, 2010

be careful with this - it's not for everyone

Lisa Gerrard.  If you have never heard her sing, be careful. This video is not for everyone.  It packs too big an emotional wallop for the faint of heart. I can barely listen to it myself, and if I am not careful, I wind up disconnecting from life as I know it.  Don't worry about the language, she is not singing in a language that can be understood. There is a technical name for this... idioglossia...rumor has it that she developed her own language at age 12...and this is the language used in this song. The quality of the video is poor, but her amazing voice shines through it.  Oh, her voice really is quite amazing.

So...I warned you...be careful. If you are not ready for this...sit down , take a few deep breaths,  crank it up and give yourself a  minute to recover after it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment